Last weekend was my first weekend back on Weight Watchers, but we also had two parties to attend. To help mitigate some of the party point damage, I brought a couple of tasty treats that also happened to be healthy. This was the first.
These Ham & Cheese Quiches are meant to be made with pre-made phyllo dough cups, but our store was out, so I had to make my own from sheets of phylly dough. (Super easy, by the way: Thaw the phyllo dough completely, cut into small squares, press four single squares into each cup of a mini-muffin pan sprayed with non-stick spray.) I’m writing the recipe out below with phyllo cups, but if you can’t find them don’t worry. Just follow those quick steps above.
Mini Ham & Cheddar Quiches
Adapted from Weight Watchers Comfort Classics (makes 15 quiche)
- 1 ounce ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese
- 1 box frozen pre-made phyllo dough cups (15 count), frozen
- 2 egg whites plus one whole egg
- 2 tablespoons fat free half & half
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sprinkle the ham and cheese evenly into each pastry shell. Whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour evenly into the prepared quiche cups.
3. Bake until the pastry shells are lightly crisped and the filling is set, about 12 minutes. Be careful not to overbake.
Note: These were very tasty little bites. I’ll probably make them again sometime, but the possiblities for fillings are pretty much endless. I’m sure I’ll be experimenting with them (especially since we bought WAY too much phyllo dough, and I have plenty leftover just hanging out in my freezer).