Not much of a story here, tonight. Just a super-easy, extra-tasty roasted vegetable side. I will say this: You should be able to tell from the blog that I’m skeptical, to say the least, about most vegetables. I include them grudgingly, if at all, though I’m trying to get better. But David bought some zucchini and some squash and I needed to cook them somehow, so I threw these together. And though I picked around the zucchini mostly, I will admit that on the whole, these veggies were pretty tasty.
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1 inch chunks
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into 1 inch chunks
- 3 shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Adobo seasoning
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a roasting pan with non-stick spray, or line with parchment paper.
2. Prepare the vegetables as outlined above. Toss together the sweet potatoes, yukon gold potatoes, shallots, and carrots with 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of Adobo seasoning, plus salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer in the bottom of your roasting pan, and let cook for 25-30 minutes.
3. While these hardier veggies get a head start, toss remaining vegetables with the other tablespoon of oil and the 1/2 tablespoon of Adobo seasoning and salt and pepper. After 25-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are just fork tender, but still firm, add the zucchini & squash and cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the zucchini & squash are tender and the potatoes and carrots are cooked through. Serve immediately.