Christmas Round-Up and A Look Ahead
Hey everyone, it’s been awhile. I apologize for that. Things have been busy, blah blah blah, excuses, excuses. The truth is, I haven’t had time to try very many new recipes, so I’ve been lacking in the inspiration department. I’ve also been trying to figure out how to take better pictures, which I think I’ve gotten a handle on. Finally, we got a dog, and she takes up a lot of my time (in a good way!).
I’m going to go ahead and make an early New Year’s resolution to get back to blogging more in 2011. That means making a point of trying more new recipes, which I’m also excited to do. Our old standbys are good, but we’ve been relying on them a little too often lately. I’m ready to be a bit more adventurous.
I thought it might be nice to mention some of the foodie Christmas gifts I got, since they’ll likely feature heavily in my future recipes, one way or another. Here they are, in no particular order:
- The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook: From Cauldron Cakes to Knickerbocker Glory–More than 150 Magical Recipes for Muggles & Wizards
- A new Cupcake Courier, that holds up to 36 cupcakes, but also, Bakerella assures me, Cake Pops!
- A Swissmar-Borner V-Slicer with Mandolin (I’ve wanted a mandolin for so long–can’t wait for an excuse to use it!) Also with a cut-resistant glove, for safety.
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks. Love that Pioneer Woman!
- A whole slew of Cooking Light’s annual editions, ranging from somewhere around 1987 to 1995. Lots of great hidden treasures in there, I’m sure!
- Glittery pinch bowls from Crate & Barrel. So cute!
- A big set of colorful, nesting mixing bowls from JC Penney. I love mixing bowls. Especially nesting ones. Always useful.
- A new crockpot. I love my old 3-in-1 Hamilton Beech, and have no intention of getting rid of it, but the new one has a timer, which is definitely helpful sometimes. I’ll keep ’em both!
- A GIANT cupcake-shaped baking pan, to make GIANT cupcake-shaped cakes. Just need an excuse to try this one out!
I’m very excited to get in the kitchen and play with all of my new toys. And to share the results with all of you. Hope your holiday was great, and have a Happy New Year!
P.S. I seem to have missed a blogiversary! Make A Whisk has been here for two whole years. Keep an eye out for a year-in-review post of all my favorite recipes from 2010. You can also look forward to recipes for Cider-Glazed Chicken, Pecan Rice Pilaf, S’More Dessert Bars, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, a very successful copycat recipe for PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef, and Cooking Light’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread. See you soon!