Fresh Berry Cream Cheese Pound Cake
That’s about all I have to say. This pound cake was delicious. Moist, and tender, and sweet, but not too sweet. The recipe below makes two loaves, but I loaded one up with fresh blueberries and raspberries from the farmer’s market (about half a pint of each).
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Adapted from Bakerella.com
- 3.5 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a medium mixing bowl and set aside. (It’s best if you have a sister or a cousin around to sift the flour for you. It’s much easier that way. Thanks guys!)
3. In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter, cream cheese, and sugar for several minutes, until light and smooth. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing completely after each additional egg. (It’s best if you have a mom around to help you count all 6 eggs. Otherwise you might lose track. Thanks mom!) Add vanilla and milk until combined.
4. Add flour mixture in small batches until completely combined.
5. Pour into two greased and floured loaf pans. (Here’s where I added the berries). Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean. (Mine actually took about 75 minutes–the cake with the berries took longer than the plain cake).