Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The latest installment of the Harry Potter franchise, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, came out today. Finally! I’m excited to say I managed to drag myself to a midnight viewing last night with my mom, sister, cousin, and friend. Even though I was crazy to think that I could pull off the crazy scheduling (I’d traveled to Houston and back for work that day, and been up since 4 a.m.), and even though we got stuck in front row seats of the theater, and even though the theater, it seems, had never experienced a midnight show and had no idea what they were doing, and even though we were stuck in the parking lot traffic jam for what seemed like forever, we had a really great time, and really enjoyed the movie.
I’ve got lots of thoughts on the film, but of course, this is a food blog, and so it’s really not the place for my film reviews.
Instead, how about a nice, hot glass of Butterbeer?
Madame Rosmerta’s Butterbeer
- 1 cup (8 oz) club soda or cream soda
- ½ cup (4 oz) butterscotch syrup (ice cream topping)
- ½ tablespoon butter
1. Measure butterscotch and butter into a 2 cup (16 oz) glass. Microwave on high for 1 to 1½ minutes, or until syrup is bubbly and butter is completely incorporated.
2. Stir and cool for 30 seconds, then slowly mix in club soda. Mixture will fizz quite a bit.
3. Serve in two coffee mugs or small glasses; a perfectly warm Hogwarts treat for two!
Note: If you wanted more of a Butterbeer “cocktail,” I think butterscotch schnapps would be delicious in this!