Top Chef Rundown: February 4th, 2009
This week’s Top Chef Rundown is in the format of quick, sometimes snarky comments. Here goes:
- Stefan’s actually less of a dick this week. Must have been humbled a bit by last week’s judge’s table.
- Cute how everyone’s nervous about Eric Ripert.
- Also, I don’t know a LOT about the guy, but he seems to be an amazing chef AND a great guy. Very humble for as good as he supposedly is at what he does.
- Leah sucks. You don’t just quit.
- Wow with the nail into the eel’s head. I guess that’s one way to do it.
- Stefan is a machine.
- Yeah, Hosea works at a seafood restaurant, but I bet they don’t serve eel there.
- I’m glad the chef’s actually got to enjoy their meal, instead of being thrown right into the kitchen, even if it was the preface to a challenge.
- I knew, as soon as Jamie complained about the celery that she’d be making the celery dish.
- Leah’s still a mess. She’s in charge of the fish at her home restaurant?!
- Did Stefan pick the easy dish? I don’t know—but it looked good.
- No surprise that Stefan wins.
- Some surprise that Jamie lost, but she did seem to be the worst this week, and they say that’s all that matters.
- At LEAST two of the remaining five chefs have no business being in the Top Four.
- If Leah gets to the Top Four…I don’t know what I’ll do.