So, I guess the secret’s out. I like to cook. And so does David.
We got so many awesome gifts this year, and the majority of them were food or kitchen related. I’m really looking forward to using all of them.
- The Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics cookbook.
- Soup Crocks from Le Gourmet Chef.
- Hamilton Beech 3-in-1 Slow Cooker
- Pinch Bowls from the Pampered Chef.
- A flour sifter, for all that baking I’ve been doing.
- New stainless steel measuring cups.
- A white marble mortar and pestle.
- A “3-in-1 Kitchen Master” that chops, grinds spices, and has some sort of electric corkscrew.
- Four white wine glasses.
- Four rocks glasses.
- A beer can chicken roaster.
- Pasta Roller and Cutter attachment set for our Kitchenaid mixer.
- A piping bag and tips (no more pseudo-piping with Ziploc bags for me!)
- Williams-Sonoma Sauteing cookbook.
- Top Chef: The Cookbook.
- Kylie Kwong’s Simple Chinese Cooking cookbook.
- The Best Slow Cooker One Pot & Casserole cookbook.
- The latest issues of Gourmet and Food & Wine magazines.
- An Ice Cream Maker attachment for our Kitchenaid mixer. (Technically, I got two of these, so one will have to go back to the store).
- A Remote Grill Thermometer.
- Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert cookbook.
- A pouring shield for our Kitchenaid mixer.
- A new cooler (with an eye towards one that can hold a turkey while it’s brined)
Is that enough? You would think so. But there are a few other fabulous gifts from my husband still to come.
First, I get to go choose my own knife, because our one quality knife was chosen for him, and while it’s much better than cheap knives and it’s pretty cool, it doesn’t really fit my hand as well as it does David’s hand. I’ve wanted one of my own for a while. Along with that, I get a Knife Skills Class from The Chopping Block. After that, I get to choose two or three other classes from their lineup–and they all look fantastic. It looks like it’s going to be impossible to choose.
All in all, Christmas was fantastic, and I can’t wait to get into the kitchen with this stuff.
Happy Holidays, Everyone!